Early Childhood Center
Early Childhood Center Questions
- What classes are available?
- What are the teachers' qualifications?
- What is the teacher to student ratio?
- Is the staff certified in first aid and CPR?
- Can parents help in the classroom?
- Are there any programs for infants and toddlers?
- When does registration begin for fall?
- Can we come see the preschool before we register?
What classes are available?
We offer two-and-three half day programs for three-year-olds. Four and five-year-olds may enroll in two, three or four day half day programs. We also offer a full day full year program available to 3, 4 and 5 years olds as well as our Great Start to Readiness program available to those who qualify.
What are the teachers' qualifications?
Our lead teachers hold Michigan teaching certification with early childhood degrees and training. They undergo many hours of professional development each year to stay up to date with early childhood development.
What is the teacher to student ratio?
Our classes vary from a 1:7 to a 1:8 ratio depending on the age group. Each classroom always has a teacher and an aide.
Is the staff certified in first aid and CPR?
Yes. All of our staff is certified in order to keep our students safe.
Can parents help in the classroom?
We have an open door policy at the preschool. Many of the teachers have a parent volunteer list that you can sign so they can have you help when you are needed most. The teachers are also open to any special hobbies/topics that you would like to share with the students.
Are there any programs for infants and toddlers?
Chelsea School District's First Steps program is offered for infants and toddlers through age 6. Please contact Lisa Nickel at (734) 433-2208 x 6083 for more information.
When does registration begin for fall?
Can we come see the preschool before we register?
Open house is held during the first week of March each year however, visitors are always welcome to stop by and see our preschool during school hours. If you would like to set up an appointment to view our facitily, please contact Sue Reynolds in the Community Education Office at (734)-433-2208 ext 6300.
- Early On (opens in new window)
- Enrichment Resources
- First Steps - Washtenaw
- Full Day/Full Year Preschool
- Great Start Readiness Program
- Kindergarten and Young 5's Resources
- Licensing Guidelines (opens in new window)
- Questions and Answers
- Registration (opens in new window)
- Safety Drill Information - 300 Building
- Safety Drill Information - 400 Building
- Special Events
- Special Visitors
- Staff Directory
- Speech & Language (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.