Chelsea School District
TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT - PASSENGER SAFETY RULES
Pupil Transportation is an important function of the Chelsea School District; not mandated by law, but provided as a service to the students of the our schools. In order for transportation to work, we must have the cooperation of parents, students, drivers, and administration. Parents are responsible for the safety, supervision, and shelter of their children at the bus stop. Transportation is designed for home to school, and school to home.
For the safety of our passengers, stops must be consistent.
Please review the attached Bus Safety Rules below with your children, and complete an Emergency Information Form. The form should be returned to the Transportation Office or your Bus Driver as soon as possible.
Video cameras may be in use on any Chelsea School District transportation vehicle.
Some important safety procedures:
1. Young 5's, Kindergarten, and First Grade students MUST be accompanied at the bus stop by an adult or adult designate (6th grade or older).
2. An Alternate Transportation Form MUST be completed for all students going to, or from, a location other than their home - daycare/grandparents/sitter. Permission from BOTH the sending parent and receiving adult must be in the Transportation Office prior to transporting to the alternate location.
3. Due to regular ridership and assignment schedules, students are not allowed to ride a bus other than their regularly scheduled assigned bus.
4. To help make your child's school year a success, please have your student(s) ready and at the appointed bus stop 5-10 minutes ahead of the pick-up schedule. Visual sighting of the student(s) by the driver in advance of the bus stop assures a safe and timely pick-up.
- Director Page
- Transportation Staff
- 2023-2024 Registration
- Welcome Letter
- Bus Route Schedules
- Transfer Assignments
- Parent/Guardian Forms
- Staff Forms
- School Closing Information
- Passenger Safety Rules
- Danger Zone
- Employment Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Back To School Safety Tips
- Severe Weather Procedures
- Bus Stop Review Request
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.